Thursday, November 11, 2010

The artmaking continues



Wow what a week!

The students from Serpentine Primary School have produced some amazing artworks. Gloria and I have been very impressed by the display of enthusiasm and artistic skill of the students.

I can remember my time at school.......................hmm that was a while back...............

and throughout my entire primary and secondary schooling I never had the opportunity to become involved in a public/community art project or get to meet professional artists practising in their field. I'm certain the impact of such activities will encourage students in helping them to develop their artistic dreams and ambitions as they learn to realise the scope of art and how it positively interacts with our society.
Kasey busy at work on her design


Jessica and Chelsea, working together on their designs


Bryce and Liam, Taking time out for a photo opportunity


Rachael and Kate busy translating their great ideas to paper

No comments:

Post a Comment